The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Answers Forum
J2EE - Flex end-to-end setup

2 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Jul 25, 2007 9:41 AM by j2ee user j2ee user

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
j2ee user j2ee user

Nickname: j2eeuser

J2EE - Flex end-to-end setup Posted: Jul 18, 2007 2:04 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hi,

I have a J2EE application with all backend services in java deployed in JBOss. We want to develop a Flex front using these services. I am trying to set up my eclipse environment to develop and debug both flex and backend java. I am not using any FDS specific services. Just remoteobject calls from Flex to my java services.

I installed FlexBuilder 3 plugin for eclipse 3.2. Also installed Lifecycle ES 2.5(not sure if I need it for my scenario). Tried creating Flex project both with and without Lifecycle Data services specifying Jboss 4 as my J2EE server. In both cases the code is not automatically synced with jboss. I deployed the project manually to JBoss but debugging is not working, gives source not found error.

Can somebody let me know how to go about this? Or point me to a doc which details how to set up a project in Flex Builder 3 plugin? All the docs I found are for 2.

Thanks.

Murali Vivekanandan

Nickname: vivekamn

Re: J2EE - Flex end-to-end setup Posted: Jul 23, 2007 9:41 AM
Try creating the flex project with 'Compile application locally in Flex Builder' option with LiveCycle Data Services. Then add web project capabilities to the project.

j2ee user j2ee user

Nickname: j2eeuser

Re: J2EE - Flex end-to-end setup Posted: Jul 25, 2007 9:41 AM
Thanks Murali, It's working fine now.

Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Topic: J2EE - Flex end-to-end setup Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: help java connection problem!!!!!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use