The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Answers Forum
Virtual Machine Launcher

79 replies on 6 pages. Most recent reply: Dec 25, 2010 2:50 PM by teresa cox

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 79 replies on 6 pages [ « | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | » ]
Karrie

Nickname: kare23

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Oct 30, 2004 4:40 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hi,

I hsve this problem with the error message that says "The Microsoft Java Virtual Machine cannot find main class; will exit" too. I followed everyone's suggestions. I've tried deleting the Java Virtual Machine, tried intalling the Sun version, and tried two Adware programs. Still, I cannot get rid of this thing and a lot of my programs will not work which I think this Java Machine thing may be the culprit. Right now I am trying a new adware program, one that some of you have suggested by Lavasoft, the Ad-Aware SE. The Ad-Aware found a lot of things on my computer, including a lot that has to do with the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine, but what do I do now? Am I supposed to delete some things? I have no idea what to do in this program to try to fix my Java Machine error message! Also, is it likely for when you get this problem for some of your programs not to work?

Charles Bell

Nickname: charles

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Oct 31, 2004 1:53 PM
Your error message suggests that you have something missing or in error with the installation of the Microsoft version of the java virtual machine.

With the sun version of the java virtual machine, that type error message means the CLASSPATH environment variable is not set.

In most cases, the error means that the classpath does not point to the current directory which is denoted by "." or a period within quotes.

Setting the classpath depends on the operating system you are running with. Its pretty easy on Windows XP or 2000 Pro. You can create an environment variable called CLASSPATH and set it equal to "." in the Systems advanced settings, environment variables.

Older operating systems had an autoexec.bat file under c:\ that can be edited in Notepad, adding the single line:
CLASSPATH=".";
then reboot the PC.

Ian Bannon

Nickname: ahnena

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Nov 13, 2004 6:56 AM
Just wondering if you wewre able to find the solution to this Java Virtual Machine Launcher problem. I am haveing the same error pop up evertime I boot up.
Can you help

Matt Gerrans

Nickname: matt

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Nov 13, 2004 8:58 AM
Did you read the whole thread?

Adam Stowell

Nickname: whang

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Nov 30, 2004 6:51 PM
Hi, I read this thread and was hoping for a solution to this annoyance. I still haven't been able to fix it; and yes I read everything you guys have typed. I downloaded the most recent copy of Ad-Ware which is 1.05 and not the Beta version. That didn't help except for an internet problem with AOL. I also looked for this "Manage System" and "Service & Applications\Services" and I can't find it. I am running Windows XP Home and wonder if it's different than what you guys said.

Any way this is the ERROR window(s) I recieve.

Java Virtual Machine Launcher Could not find the main class. Program will end now.
Everyone seems to have this one. And Then.
Rundll Error loading C:\ProgramFiles\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll

Any ideas or insites would be great. Thanks

Matthias Neumair

Nickname: neumi

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Dec 1, 2004 2:33 AM
Does the named dll exist?

Try to re-install the wild tangent engine.

Adam Stowell

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Dec 2, 2004 5:14 PM
Hi, Matthias. No the .dll doesn't exist I searched for it and found nothing. One of my friends told me to look this up HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Machine\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run, unfortunatly that wasn't there either. Then I ran "Spybot Search & Destroy" And this came up. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\webHancer Survey Companion w/Registry value behind it.
I told Spybot to fix it and it failed too.

No you said to reinstall it. Is there anyway I can get it off the internet again?

SaRae

Nickname: rae

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Dec 3, 2004 11:42 PM
> Every time I launch my laptop I get the following Java
> Virtual Machine Launcher error: could not find the main
> class - program will exit. I don't know what this means
> but could someone tell me how I go about fixing this
> problem?

Adam Stowell

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Dec 4, 2004 11:29 AM
Hey Matthis, my friend said he can get it off my machine. So thanks for the help.

John Smith

Nickname: matthew5

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Dec 5, 2004 8:03 PM
Hi all, I have a question that is not extremely important but extremely aggravating. I downloaded a program called Azureus to read bit torrent downloads. When I tried to open it, I received a message stating that I needed Java. I downloaded the latest form of Java I could find. However when I tried to open Azureus again, I got the all too common Java Virtual Machine Launcher error message. "Cannot find main class. Program will exit".

I am hopelessly lost and confused and I am seeking guidance. Please help.

Charles Bell

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Dec 6, 2004 5:21 AM
It sounds to me like you need to do a registry search and delete keys associated with the program that is trying to be launched, but has probably been deleted or uninstalled incorrectly.

Registry changes are dangerous.

Microsoft has a free registry cleaner program that shold fix problems that occur when a bad program uninstall occurs.

If you don't know how to do these kinds of things, I would suggest doing either a system restore to before the problem started or reformat your hard drive and start over.

Matt Gerrans

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Dec 7, 2004 10:17 PM
I think reformatting your drive is more dangerous than editing your registry. I would never recommend that. If you're worried about viruses and/or spyware, then get some antivirus and/or antispyware tools (see google.com).

Charles Bell

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Dec 8, 2004 7:03 AM
You should work for IT here. That's the way they fix things.

Matt Gerrans

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Dec 9, 2004 3:39 PM
That's the James Bond technique -- don't solve problems, eliminate them.

tim

Nickname: burton10

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Dec 31, 2004 12:46 PM
I believe i have found the process in mycomputer/manage ect. however now that ive found it what do i do. disable, delete?

Flat View: This topic has 79 replies on 6 pages [ « | 1  2  3  4  5  6 | » ]
Topic: Importance of implementing hashcode() method for Java classes that are used Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Need help with writing a code for following problem

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use