The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
"Thinking in Code" Audio Interviews now Available

5 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: May 17, 2006 8:06 AM by Markus Gaisbauer

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 5 replies on 1 page
Bruce Eckel

Nickname: beckel

"Thinking in Code" Audio Interviews now Available (View in Weblogs)
Posted: May 3, 2006 10:40 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
This is a series of interviews that I did a few years back, before podcasting became commonplace. My original intent was to turn them into a CD, but I had a few release issues and it got put on the back burner and forgotten for awhile.
Advertisement

In the meantime, podcasting got big and more people got fast bandwidth, so I finally just decided to release them for download. Although they are a few years old, the material is fairly timeless.

Enjoy!

To Download Page

Benji York

Nickname: benji

Re: "Thinking in Code" Audio Interviews now Available Posted: May 4, 2006 3:47 AM
I've been able to borrow one of the CDs with these interviews and they are very good. Some of the technical trappings are a bit dated now, but the discussions are entertaining and enlightening. Recommended.

Rodrigo Alvarez

Nickname: svend

Re: "Thinking in Code" Audio Interviews now Available Posted: May 9, 2006 5:04 AM
Thanks for this material.

Same suggestion: why not adding a short description of the subject of the interview on the web page?

Cheers

Albert Zhao

Nickname: albertz

Re: "Thinking in Code" Audio Interviews now Available Posted: May 9, 2006 11:23 AM
very good, your questions are just what I like to hear from those guys. Wondering if you can do more.

Rodrigo Alvarez

Nickname: svend

Re: "Thinking in Code" Audio Interviews now Available Posted: May 9, 2006 10:51 PM
what?

Markus Gaisbauer

Nickname: intel4004

Re: "Thinking in Code" Audio Interviews now Available Posted: May 17, 2006 8:06 AM
Thanks for releasing these fabulous interviews! The interview with Anders Hejlsberg was especially helpfull for me, as I did a lot of compiler work dealing with C#2 the last couple of months.

It would be great to see this evolve to a monthly Bruce-Eckel-Podcast. Some more suggestions for interviews I would love to listen to in future:
Dave Hunt about PragmaticProgrammers and Ruby
Betrand Meyer about OOP and teaching
Steve McConnell about becoming a better programmer beyond university
Bruce Schneier about Security

Flat View: This topic has 5 replies on 1 page
Topic: "Thinking in Code" Audio Interviews now Available Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Cat Programming Language

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use