The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Looking for Memories of Python Old-Timers

54 replies on 55 pages. Most recent reply: Jan 3, 2008 9:50 PM by Sharmila Gopirajan Sivakumar

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 54 replies on 55 pages [ « | 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 55  | » ]
S Deibel

Nickname: sdeibel

Re: Looking for Memories of Python Old-Timers Posted: Jun 7, 2006 6:17 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
I started with Python in 1998. I am not sure that makes me an old-timer. I'm one of those people that should have started 5 years earlier and the huge complicated project I had been working on in C++ might have succeeded.

I came to Python as a way to prototype some GUIs for a medical workstation, and learned it from example and reading the manual. By that time, it was too late and the project as a whole had pretty much failed. But boy was I blown away with the productivity and clarity of code when working in Python. I was looking to move on anyway, so I took my enthusiam for Python and co-founded Wingware (makers of a commercial Python IDE).

Best career change I ever made! :-)

Flat View: This topic has 54 replies on 55 pages [ « | 39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47 | » ]
Topic: Looking for Memories of Python Old-Timers Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The Third State of your Binary JUnit Tests

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use