The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Agile Methods. The bottom Line.

17 replies on 2 pages. Most recent reply: Jun 24, 2007 7:43 AM by Scott Fraser

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 17 replies on 2 pages [ « | 1 2 ]
Isaac Gouy

Nickname: igouy

Re: Agile Methods. The bottom Line. Posted: Oct 18, 2003 9:33 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
> It's just a metaphor...
> that requirements have shelf life and cost

as does every work-product

> you can end up with
> different versions of the same requirement (what the team
> talked about last month and what they talked about last
> week, for instance) and that can be just as confusing and
> error prone as having subtly different material on a
> manufacturing floor.

version control isn't just for code

> Just a metaphor. You can tell me how requirements aren't
> inventory, and be right, without diminishing the value of
> the metaphor.

Are requirements any more like inventory than source code is like inventory? Where is the value?

Ranjan Jha

Nickname: ranjanjha

Re: Agile Methods. The bottom Line. Posted: Apr 25, 2006 6:08 AM
Talking of IT services..

I will like to know what kind of experiance people have had while using agile methodology in implementing agile methododlogy for enhancement and maintance projects.

1.Do "things" change if we plan to have agile methodology for these kinds of projects?

2.Weather its cost effective?

3.What all have to be kept in mind while doing such projects?

Scott Fraser

Nickname: sfraser

Re: Agile Methods. The bottom Line. Posted: Jun 24, 2007 7:43 AM
I am beginning work on a channel aiming to support greater business acceptance of Agile Methods.

I think there is a bit of a gap in this space currently. In my professional experience gained working for mainly large multinational corporations, there is still a major issue of low business confidence in Agile Methods. I have however witnessed a lot of intellectual interest and enthusiasm for Agile Methods among IT professionals working in corporate environments, and not just on the pure technical or delivery side.

But the perception that adopting an Agile approach requires a 'leap of faith' seems a persistent one - despite an increasing volume of good publicity for projects that have been delivered using Agile Methods.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

My aim is to develop http://www.agilemethod.net into a repository of information and tools that support Agile Methods by encouraging and supporting the business side of the collaborations.

The content I have in mind will be a collection of guides, white papers, case studies etc promoting Agile Methods, and on the tools side, some templates for the business to use. The objective with the templates is to setup Agile project clients better prepare for their responsibilities as part of an Agile collaboration, and to enable more confident participation throughout the working partnership.

Clearly there is no 'silver bullet' but does anyone have any suggestions for content or a general approach that would be of benefit to the cause?

Cheers

Scott

http://www.agilemethod.net

Flat View: This topic has 17 replies on 2 pages [ « | 1  2 ]
Topic: Agile Methods.  The bottom Line. Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: How Much Concurrency Should be Exposed in a UI Toolkit?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use