The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
[RFC] Cat: A Typed Functional Stack Based Language

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Christopher Diggins

Nickname: cdiggins

[RFC] Cat: A Typed Functional Stack Based Language (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Jan 31, 2007 12:33 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
I have posted a near final draft (in PDF and PS format) of my paper on the semantics of Cat at http://www.cat-language.com/paper.html, and I wanted to make a public request for comments.
Advertisement

I have posted a near final draft (in PDF and PS format) of my paper on the semantics of Cat at http://www.cat-language.com/paper.html, and I wanted to make a public request for comments.

Here is the abstract:

Cat: A Typed Functional Stack Based Language

Stack-based application languages, such as Forth and Postscript, traditionally have provided little or no support for functional programming and have lacked a formal static type system. This changed when Manfred von Thun introduced Joy, a functional stack-based language, and Stephan Becher provided an implementation of StrongForth, a dialect of Forth with an informal type system. This paper introduces the semantics and type system for a pure functional programming language which is entirely stack based.

By the way Artima.com is already acknowledged collectively for the amazing help and contributions I have had here over the past year.

Topic: [RFC] Cat: A Typed Functional Stack Based Language Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Ruby on Rails Approximations in Java

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use