The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Quoted in CNN's Business 2.0

2 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Sep 13, 2007 11:39 AM by Bruce Eckel

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Bruce Eckel

Nickname: beckel

Quoted in CNN's Business 2.0 (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Sep 13, 2007 11:10 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
I was recently quoted in an article, and need to correct and attribute the idea.
Advertisement

The article is Want a job at Google? Try these brainteasers first, and I'm quoted in the 6th paragraph:

Author, design consultant, and veteran coder Bruce Eckel likes to have job candidates describe a chicken using a programming language.

Not quite right: the challenge is to "make an object model of a chicken," to test your analysis and design skills. No programming required. And I heard this from Brett Shoemaker when he attended one of my workshops.

Bill Venners

Nickname: bv

Re: Quoted in CNN's Business 2.0 Posted: Sep 13, 2007 11:35 AM
Bruce, do you think they got that from here:

http://www.artima.com/wbc/interprog2.html

They don't seem to cite any source, just say you said that.

Bruce Eckel

Nickname: beckel

Re: Quoted in CNN's Business 2.0 Posted: Sep 13, 2007 11:39 AM
That seems like the most public place that I said it, but I think it might be in one or two other places as well. These days, citations seem to be going by the wayside.

Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Topic: Quoted in CNN's Business 2.0 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Seeking the Joy in Java

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use