The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Pairing Over the Web

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Oct 4, 2007 11:53 AM by Mrinal Desai

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Bruce Eckel

Nickname: beckel

Pairing Over the Web (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 9:59 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
For over a year I've been coauthoring a book with someone who lives in another state, and we've tried various tools to pair-review and edit the document.
Advertisement

Obviously Skype has been a huge help here; it's almost better than pairing in person because everyone has a keyboard and a screen instead of switching places and leaning in and all that.

The screen-sharing software has been more problematic until now. My brother recently turned me on to CrossLoop, which is the simplest and most responsive one we've tried, and allows both users to easily type into the document. Kudos to the CrossLoop creators; this really is a big improvement.

Mrinal Desai

Nickname: mrinald

Re: Pairing Over the Web Posted: Oct 4, 2007 11:53 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Bruce - a HUGE thanks from a small team for this excellent support of our product! It especially means a lot when it comes from a technical expert.
Please feel free to email me anytime, you or your readers have any questions.
I would recommend that you subscribe to our blog for new stuff. We are working on some exciting stuff.

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: Pairing Over the Web Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Other Programmers and Shared-Memory Concurrency

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use