The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Thinking in Java 4e Electronic Book Now Available

6 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Jun 2, 2009 3:43 AM by Alin Mocanu

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 6 replies on 1 page
Bruce Eckel

Nickname: beckel

Thinking in Java 4e Electronic Book Now Available (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Oct 12, 2007 7:49 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
This is a single HTML page so that you can use your web browser's "find" function to quickly search through the book.
Advertisement

The beginning of the page contains a hotlinked table of contents.

There's a demo including the first 7 chapters so you can test it to make sure it's what you're expecting.

The final version is now ready for sale.

Michel Alexandre Salim

Nickname: salimma

Re: Thinking in Java 4e Electronic Book Now Available Posted: Oct 13, 2007 12:17 AM
Wonderful! I'm actually minded to look at some of your other books, esp. Thinking in C++, and noticed that a lot of the links in http://www.mindviewinc.com/Books/ are broken.

Hopefully they get updated soon -- I had to Google to get to the right TIC++ page.

Bruce Eckel

Re: Broken Links Posted: Oct 13, 2007 9:29 AM
Oops. I'm (slowly) reorganizing the site and apparently I've messed something up. Thanks for pointing it out.

john lukar

Nickname: jlukar

Re: Thinking in Java 4e Electronic Book Now Available Posted: Oct 15, 2007 8:14 AM
Hi,

I just bought the Sony digital reader(Sony PRS500 Portable Reader System). Can this html doc be turned into a PDF? I don't think the reader can show html page. but it can show PDF.

thank you.

Bruce Eckel

Re: Thinking in Java 4e Electronic Book Now Available Posted: Oct 16, 2007 7:02 AM
> I just bought the Sony digital reader(Sony PRS500 Portable
> Reader System). Can this html doc be turned into a PDF? I
> don't think the reader can show html page. but it can show
> PDF.

There are numerous ways to turn a document into PDF, but there's nothing that prevents you from taking the HTML and producing a PDF from it. One way is to bring it into OpenOffice and save it as a PDF from there, but there are other free tools to create PDFs.

However, if you mean "PDF with chapter links and index links," I will have to see if there's enough demand to create that as a separate product.

su.men su.men

Nickname: sumen8512

Re: Thinking in Java 4e Electronic Book Now Available Posted: Nov 21, 2007 10:10 PM
I'm a chinese,I study java about 1 year.but, i feel I study nothing about it.why? can you tell me some ways to study it? <<Thinking in java>> is a good book,but somewhere i can't understand it.

Alin Mocanu

Nickname: alinm24

Re: Thinking in Java 4e Electronic Book Now Available Posted: Jun 2, 2009 3:43 AM
Hello,

I have tried to access the link you posted but it says:
"You don't have permission to access /BooksTIJ4PurchaseBook.php on this server."
Please tell me how can I access that book or if there is another location where I could find it.
Thank you.

Best regards,
Alin Mocanu

Flat View: This topic has 6 replies on 1 page
Topic: Caring About Programming Languages Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: My first Lisp conference

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use