The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Photos & Article from Info Magazine (Brazillian)

3 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Oct 14, 2008 7:24 AM by William Antônio Siqueira

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
Bruce Eckel

Nickname: beckel

Photos & Article from Info Magazine (Brazillian) (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 2:47 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
While I was in Brazil, I was interviewed for a Brazillian technical magazine, and the issue was just published.
Advertisement

Luciano Ramalho (President of the Brazillian Python User Group) kindly scanned the appropriate pages:

Luciano said:

cons:

• They only published three answers from your interview, and Python is only mentioned in one of them
  • They got the names of your Java and C++ books wrong (omitted the "in")
  • They did not mention either the Brazilian Python Association, nor PyConBrasil

pros:

• They titled it "I love Python", and the title appears in two pages, which for our marketing purposes it excellent
  • They published two pictures of you, one in a section opening page,and pictures always attract readers
  • They said your age is 31

Info is the largest IT magazine in Brazil, with a circulation of 200,965 copies this month. Their web site is:

http://info.abril.com.br/

Luciano Ramalho

Nickname: ramalho

Very nice having you here! Posted: Oct 6, 2008 4:16 PM
Bruce, thanks a lot for accepting our invitation to speak (twice) at PyConBrasil, to conduct a custom Java/Python version of your excellent Thinking in Patterns seminar, and for being available for that interview and looong photo shoot.

We had great conversations; I certainly learned a lot. Next time do stay longer and we can show you much more than the Sugar Loaf in Rio and the subway in São Paulo. Beautiful is better than ugly, but practicality beats purity!

Andrew Binstock

Nickname: binstock

Re: Photos & Article from Info Magazine (Brazillian) Posted: Oct 6, 2008 6:05 PM
The article also says you're 31 years old. Which means the last time we broke bread, you were really 15. Hard to explain your beard then, but hey whadda I know?

William Antônio Siqueira

Nickname: jesuino

Re: Photos & Article from Info Magazine (Brazillian) Posted: Oct 14, 2008 7:24 AM
I read in first hand this interview in INFO. I think that Mr. Eckel deserved more space or a interview complete.

Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
Topic: Do Newsletters Still Matter? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Review of

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use