The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Python, Java, Flex, and RIAs

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Jul 22, 2009 2:07 PM by Gardner Pomper

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Bruce Eckel

Nickname: beckel

Python, Java, Flex, and RIAs (View in Weblogs)
Posted: May 3, 2009 5:49 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
An interview with InfoQ; also includes what I've been up to: writing, theater, conferences, management issues, painting, "First Steps in Flex," opinions on web development, and "Thinking in Java."
Advertisement
Here's the link to the interview:
http://www.infoq.com/news/2009/05/bruce-eckel

Gardner Pomper

Nickname: gpomper

Re: Python, Java, Flex, and RIAs Posted: Jul 22, 2009 2:07 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but maybe you can point me to a better place to look.

I am a server guy (mostly) with client side experience in VB and C#. When looking for RIA development, one of the things that seems important is the ability to split the appearance of the app from the client side logic (even though it is still the presentation layer). Flex looks interesting, but still seems to wrap the event code and the graphics/style stuff in the same file. Since the typical programmer/developer geek has all the artistic taste of invading Mongols, it is often a good idea to enlist an artistic type for whom scripting is a way to get into the movies. When you put both things in the same file, they step on each other.

Do you have any suggestions on RIA architectures that deal with this, or some techniques for Flex to sepereate the two? It could be done in VB, but I have never been able to get my team actually implement it.

Thanks. I really respect you opinions, even if you are still a kid! <grin>

- Gardner

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: Meta-Reframing Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The Adventures of a Pythonista in Schemeland/28

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use