The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Announcing The C++ Source

3 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Jun 28, 2004 12:34 PM by Michael Artyugin

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
Bill Venners

Nickname: bv

Announcing The C++ Source (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Jun 22, 2004 12:33 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
Artima has launched The C++ Source, the premier online journal for the C++ community. Edited by Chuck Allison, this magazine will publish technical feature articles, tutorials, and commentary for C++ programmers.
Advertisement
Today Chuck Allison and I launched The C++ Source, a new online magazine (a "Zine") devoted to publishing articles for the C++ community.

My involvement in this project began last October when Chuck Allison, who had recently resigned as Senior Editor of the C/C++ Users Journal, sent me an email. He was thinking about creating an online magazine to serve the C++ community, and wanted to talk to me about the mechanics of online publishing. In the course of our conversation, we began to get the feeling that we should try to find a way work together. After a few months of thinking and soul searching, we came up with a model we thought might work, and we were off. In the meantime, Chuck had assembled an editorial advisory board of C++ luminaries, authors, and programmers—a truly amazing collection of C++ talent. Through the course of much discussion over a mailing list, this group worked together to define the right editorial focus for this magazine.

For more information about the editorial vision, look at Chuck Allison's first note from the Editor's Desk: C++ Reloaded. If you'd like to write articles for this new Zine, read the writer's guidelines. To see who is on the Editorial Advisory Board, look in the lower left hand column of The C++ Source home page. And of course, don't forget to check out the first two articles: In the Spirit of C, by Greg Colvin, and Reading Unix-style Directories via STL-compliant Sequences, by Matthew Wilson.

To be notified of new articles published in The C++ Source, you may subscribe to its RSS Feed or to the Artima Newsletter.

Lastly, in conjunction with the launch of The C++ Source, we also launched an new Interest Group, C++ Community News. This will be the place to go for the latest news and discussion about C++.

More Zines to Come

Regular readers of Artima may have noticed I haven't been publishing many interview articles lately. I took this temporary break from interviews to help me get some new features out the door. The interviews will soon be back in their very own Zine. In addition to the interviews Zine, we are working on creating Zines on various other topics of interest to programmers. I am interested in hearing what topics you would like to see covered in a Zine. Please post your Zine wish list in the discussion forum. Thanks.

Tommy Svensson

Nickname: tompa

Re: Announcing The C++ Source Posted: Jun 22, 2004 8:37 AM
This is so great news!!!!

Such an online meeting place has been missing for too long in the C++ World. I've jealously watched other online meeting places for other communities like Java, C#, etc, and wondered why there isn't such a place for C++. Ok, maybe it is not that strange for properiary languages to have such places... Anyway, the wait is finally over and I look to the future of The C++ Source with confidence!

Good luck to you Chuck (and to the rest of the amazing advisory board)!!

/Tommy

Sasoon Pundev

Nickname: sasoon

Re: Announcing The C++ Source Posted: Jun 23, 2004 12:15 AM
Kool,
and I need a C++ forum as well!

Michael Artyugin

Nickname: artmike

Re: Announcing The C++ Source Posted: Jun 28, 2004 12:34 PM
In my h opinion one of the most actual theme are: effective unit testing (especially with C++)

Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
Topic: What Can We Do About Unprovable Errors? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Looking Forward To JavaOne

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use