The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
JavaOne programming puzzlers

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jack Shirazi

Nickname: jacksjpt

JavaOne programming puzzlers (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Jul 17, 2003 10:44 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
The JavaOne prgramming puzzlers session is well worth a look if you have any Java geek in you.
Advertisement

I've been going through the published slides from the JavaOne presentations, and I've already extracted the majority of the performance tips (here and here ).

But there are other sessions that are interesting too, and one of those is on programming puzzlers. This is a really fun session, but if you (like me) didn't get to attend you don't have to miss out. The slides at http://servlet.java.sun.com/javaone/resources/content/sf2003/conf/sessions/pdfs/1496.pdf are completely understandable, and well worth looking at whatever your level of Java. Only the most eagle-eyed and knowledgeable programmer is going to get through all ten puzzlers without getting caught out, so if you want to get 10 out of 10, you need to carefully read and understand every single bit of code before guessing answers. This is compulsive for the geeks in us all.

(One little bit of context. For the real-life presentation Joshua Bloch and Neal Gafter wear Sun-logoed overalls and play "Click and Hack, the Type-It Brothers." This may help you to understand the last slide in the PDF presentation).

Topic: OSCON 2003 Impressions Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Calling All Bloggers: Join the Buzz!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use