The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Google Sidebar Displays Spam

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Weiqi Gao

Nickname: weiqigao

Weiqi Gao is a Java programmer.
Google Sidebar Displays Spam Posted: Sep 1, 2005 11:13 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Weiqi Gao.
Original Post: Google Sidebar Displays Spam
Feed Title: Weiqi Gao's Weblog
Feed URL: http://www.weiqigao.com/blog/rss.xml
Feed Description: Sharing My Experience...
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Weiqi Gao
Latest Posts From Weiqi Gao's Weblog

Advertisement

I've been running my desktop with the Google Sidebar (part of the new Google Desktop) for seven days now.

The information presented in the Sidebar is interesting enough to keep me from disabling it. I do, however have a complaint. And it has to do with the email alert portion of the Sidebar:

It does not do spam filtering. It's true that there is a way to add filters by hand. But that's so inadequate, especially considering that I have trained my Thunderbird spam filter to do a pretty good job.

(I have to send myself several test emails just so that I can take a screenshot that won't embarrass everybody.)

Please, Google, make it work!

Read: Google Sidebar Displays Spam

Topic: Annotations are the best thing that has happened to Java in a long time Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: WebWork 2: The sleeping giant

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use