The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Almost there: Hazelcast 1.5-RC1

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Talip Ozturk

Nickname: talip

Talip Ozturk is founder of Hazelcast, distributed queue, set, map and lock implementation.
Almost there: Hazelcast 1.5-RC1 Posted: Jan 29, 2009 11:29 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Talip Ozturk.
Original Post: Almost there: Hazelcast 1.5-RC1
Feed Title: Shared Memory
Feed URL: http://www.jroller.com/talipozturk/feed/entries/rss
Feed Description: about java, jcache, jini, javaspaces, distributed data structures and a little bit of me and life.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Talip Ozturk
Latest Posts From Shared Memory

Advertisement
Long time, no blogging as I was very busy with version 1.5. I am happy to say that we have a release candidate available for download. From the 1.5 release notes:
  • Major internal refactoring.
  • Full implementation of java.util.concurrent.BlockingQueue. Now queues can have configurable capacity limits.
  • Super Clients: Members with no storage. If -Dhazelcast.super.client=true JVM parameter is set, that JVM will join the cluster as a 'super client' which will not be a 'data partition' [no data on that node] but will have super fast access to the cluster just like any regular member does.
  • Http Session sharing support for Hazelcast Webapp Manager. Different webapps can share the same sessions.
  • Ability to separate clusters by creating groups.
  • java.util.logging support (thanks to Emile V.).
I am testing it on 20-100 servers on Amazon EC2 platform. I plan to demo '100-node-cluster' live to the world in couple of weeks. How long do you think it takes to get a Hazelcast cluster of 100 nodes up and running on EC2? With the setup I have it is just couple of minutes.

hazelcast-1.5-RC1.zip can be downloaded from here

Please test the 1.5-RC1 as much as you can and publish the issues at http://code.google.com/p/hazelcast/issues/list or email me.

1.5 was a big milestone for Hazelcast so it took awhile. It will be much faster to add new features from now on. Feature list for 1.6 is already determined:

• Support for synchronous backups and configurable backup-replica-count.
  • Eviction support. Timed eviction for queues. Pluggable eviction for maps.
  • Statistics/history for entries. create/update/remove time, number of reads/updates, first/last read times.
  • MultiMap implementation. similar to google-collections and apache-common-collections MultiMap but distributed and thread-safe.
  • Cluster-wide receive ordering for topics.
Even though we are not done with 1.5, I am already very motivated for 1.6. All other planned features can be found here. If yours aren't there, put them up or let me know.

If you like to get involved and/or participate in Hazelcast related discussions, send me an email (oztalip@gmail.com) to join Hazelcast Google Group.

Note: What is Amazon EC2 platform? Simply it is a server farm that you can rent as many server as you want for as long as you need and pay as much as you used... Since I don't own 100 servers, I do rent them for hours/days from Amazon. see http://aws.amazon.com/ec2/ for more info.

Read: Almost there: Hazelcast 1.5-RC1

Topic: SQLite Reading Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Austin’s Very Own #24 - Podcast Length, Shopping, Adoption Update, Gifts

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use