The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
The Future of Mobile 2009

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Fred Grott

Nickname: shareme

Fred Grott is Lead Developer-CEO of ShareMe Technologies LLC -The Mobile Future
The Future of Mobile 2009 Posted: Jan 31, 2009 7:43 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Fred Grott.
Original Post: The Future of Mobile 2009
Feed Title: ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future
Feed URL: http://www.jroller.com/shareme/feed/entries/rss
Feed Description: A Weblog about Java programming and digital convergence on mobile devices in such areas as P2P and collaborative technology.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Fred Grott
Latest Posts From ShareMe Technologies LLC-The Mobile Future

Advertisement

You might think from the typical Myopic American Loren Feldman post about Davos that Davos was was a big party with nothing of substance discussed.  Its one thing to react emotionaly its quite another to continue not to engage the brain, let's just say the financial mess centers around lessing of checks and balances in mortgages, real estate, securities, and the decline in share holder participation in corporate governance is not a one cause as as Loren Feldman implies.

For those of us overwehelmed by financial mess news and analaysis there were other improtant talks besides just financial such as the future mobile trend talks which no matter what the period of financial recovery seems to be whether 2 years or 5 years mobile trends seems to be the only emerging growth market for awhile. Thus, I am going to list them here so that you may catch up on those talks:

Davos Annual Meeting 2008 - The Future of Mobile Technology

Davos Annual Meeting 2009 - The Next Digital Experience

You will notice that location based web services was a recurring theme and tha tthe general trend when users get smartphones was that data usage increased by a factor of 4 thus anything moving towards full mobile web access while decreasing mobile operator control in some areas rewards said mobile operators with a four fold increase in data revenue. In other words it confirms the Gartner analysis which I have talked about before. Also note the video on mobile theme as well.

Yea, I still have my location based web services bias.  But as you can see in the videos there are also other web services areas besides just location web based applications that will emerge in 21009.

Read: The Future of Mobile 2009

Topic: WebVIew-highlights-gone Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Links for 2009-01-25 [del.icio.us]

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use