The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
NoSQL KV Project search goes on

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Marc Logemann

Nickname: loge

Marc Logemann is founder of www.logentis.de a Java consultancy
NoSQL KV Project search goes on Posted: Nov 9, 2012 5:09 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Marc Logemann.
Original Post: NoSQL KV Project search goes on
Feed Title: Logemann Blog
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/LogemannBlog
Feed Description: Marc Logemann's thoughts on java and other stuff
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Marc Logemann
Latest Posts From Logemann Blog

Advertisement
After checking those 3 projects i mentioned in my last blog post, i was still not convinced. I started again searching for a KV NoSQL Store which is JAVA based. At first i thought Hazelcast could be the solution but then i discovered that they dont have a store but just the infrastructure to implement a store yourself which was of course a no go. After some more research (i think right now i know nearly every NoSQL project on earth ;-)) i found Voldemort again. With again i mean that this was on my very first list but somehow i wasnt convinced in the first run but slowly running out of options, i will reconsider it now.

After some reading i see that they prefer BDB as primary storage system. I definitely cant go with BDB because of the licensing issues. We distribute a product and we definitely dont want to pay license fees on every sell. According to Voldemort slides i have seen, there are some other stores available which i need to check out. I still would love to see some file based storage implementation as redis does it.

Our list of requirements are:
  • embeddable into our java projects
  • KV store
  • data snapshots / persistence
  • nice to have: range queries

Sad to see that Redis does all that quite perfectly but its just not embeddable.

Read: NoSQL KV Project search goes on

Topic: Don’t Use JSON And XML As Internal Transfer Formats http Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Do you really get your IDE?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use