The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Java Tip: Hibernate validation in a standalone implementation

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
News Manager

Nickname: newsman

News Manager is the force behind the news at Artima.com.
Java Tip: Hibernate validation in a standalone implementation Posted: Apr 1, 2014 12:57 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by News Manager.
Original Post: Java Tip: Hibernate validation in a standalone implementation
Feed Title: JavaWorld
Feed URL: http://www.javaworld.com/index.rss
Feed Description: JavaWorld.com: Fueling Innovation
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by News Manager
Latest Posts From JavaWorld

Advertisement

A good data validation strategy is an important part of every application development project. Being able to consolidate and generalize validation using a proven framework can significantly improve the reliability of your software, especially over time.

Whereas unstructured and uncontrolled validation policies will lead to increased support and maintenance costs, a consolidated validation strategy can significantly minimize the cascade effect of changes to your code base. A validation layer can also be a very useful tool for some types of debugging.

I recently needed to implement a lightweight validation framework for a project. I discovered Hibernate Validator, an open source project from JBoss. The framework impressed me with its simplicity and flexibility, so I am introducing it with this Java Tip. I'll share my experience with setting up and using Hibernate Validator, with simple use cases that demonstrate key features such as declarative annotations, composite validation rules, and selective validation.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Read: Java Tip: Hibernate validation in a standalone implementation

Topic: Difference between WeakReference vs SoftReference vs PhantomReference vs Strong reference in Java Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Good Vs Evil

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use