The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Millennials and tech: Round pegs in a square cubicle farm

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
News Manager

Nickname: newsman

News Manager is the force behind the news at Artima.com.
Millennials and tech: Round pegs in a square cubicle farm Posted: May 1, 2014 12:02 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by News Manager.
Original Post: Millennials and tech: Round pegs in a square cubicle farm
Feed Title: JavaWorld
Feed URL: http://www.javaworld.com/index.rss
Feed Description: JavaWorld.com: Fueling Innovation
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by News Manager
Latest Posts From JavaWorld

Advertisement

Millennials are too picky --focused on lifestyle, not work. You might think this is a complaint unique to American employers. But as I'm discovering in my travels through Thailand, the lament is echoed here.

Talk to anyone here recruiting young folks, and they consider millennials a risky prospect. They're are easily bored. Attracting and retaining them is hard. They're difficult to keep engaged.

Thailand is an established Asian powerhouse that claims to have 0.07 percent unemployment. It's in the middle of a transition from manufacturing to design and, from what I can see, experiencing unprecedented prosperity, despite huge environmental and political challenges. When I arrived in Bangkok, I expected swarms of autorickshaws like you see in Bangalore; instead I saw fleets of Mercedes, as in Sao Paulo.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Read: Millennials and tech: Round pegs in a square cubicle farm

Topic: How to Convert Byte Array to InputStream and OutputStream in Java Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Flexy Pool, reactive connection pooling

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use