The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Do Twitter analysis the easy way with MongoDB

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
News Manager

Nickname: newsman

News Manager is the force behind the news at Artima.com.
Do Twitter analysis the easy way with MongoDB Posted: Jun 30, 2014 2:34 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by News Manager.
Original Post: Do Twitter analysis the easy way with MongoDB
Feed Title: JavaWorld
Feed URL: http://www.javaworld.com/index.rss
Feed Description: JavaWorld.com: Fueling Innovation
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by News Manager
Latest Posts From JavaWorld

Advertisement

With all the World Cup excitement, I found myself wondering what the Twitter-scape looked like. Who is tweeting? What are they tweeting about? Where are they? What language are they tweeting in?

Obviously, such questions can apply to any tweet-worthy event. Along with the idly curious like me, various types of businesses from tech startups to local restaurants might want to know: What's my most vocal demographic? What time of day are people tweeting about my service most often? How do people feel about the new website?

Collecting all this data and analyzing it might seem like a big investment, but with the right tools it becomes trivially easy. In this article, I show you how to analyze tweet data using MongoDB as both the data store and the analytics engine. MongoDB has powerful analytics tools and straightforward pluggability into Hadoop for when you have a question that needs a more generic tool. I'm using tweets about the World Cup to demonstrate, but the concepts are generic and can be easily applied to your own data set.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

Read: Do Twitter analysis the easy way with MongoDB

Topic: Using Git- Part -I : Basics Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: A closer look at the Java Identity API

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use