The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Jini Services Container

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Talip Ozturk

Nickname: talip

Talip Ozturk is founder of Hazelcast, distributed queue, set, map and lock implementation.
Jini Services Container Posted: Jul 28, 2003 11:18 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Talip Ozturk.
Original Post: Jini Services Container
Feed Title: Shared Memory
Feed URL: http://sedoparking.com/search/registrar.php?domain=®istrar=sedopark
Feed Description: about java, jini, javaspaces, programming, aop and a little bit of me and life.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Talip Ozturk
Latest Posts From Shared Memory

Advertisement
I just read Manageability' post about the OpenWings project. OpenWings is a service container that is built on top of Jini technology. Just like deploying your EJB session bean to a J2EE container, you write your service and deploy it into OpenWings container. I looked at the 'helloworld' example they have on the site. Too much work to put up a helloworld application. I don't think anyone would want to do that. Hmm. not really. If you think about developing and deploying HelloWorld EJB session bean, then i guess OpenWings' helloworld example is not that difficult. If people can learn J2EE, then OpenWings can be learned.

I started thinking about putting a simpler version of Jini Services Container into JPower. Good news is that JPower has already much of the stuff to build such container. The only thing left is time. I wish I know what people think about that idea. Jini Services Container.... you write your service, deploy it into JPower.. la la. Clients can discover your service through JPower's built-in Jini lookup service (Reggie), and your service is a part of the JPower cluster. nice.

Read: Jini Services Container

Topic: What 3G Mobile Network users Want Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: How to seem smarter

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use