The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
2003-06-27 Pico with a Jini container? I was keep ...

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jerome Bernard

Nickname: jeje

Jerome Bernard is consultant working for StepInfo.
2003-06-27 Pico with a Jini container? I was keep ... Posted: Jul 29, 2003 6:57 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Jerome Bernard.
Original Post: 2003-06-27 Pico with a Jini container? I was keep ...
Feed Title: Kalixia
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/kalixia/?cat=3
Feed Description: A small place for distributed computing...
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Jerome Bernard
Latest Posts From Kalixia

Advertisement
Pico with a Jini container? I was keeping track of the discussions I could find on Pico and wondered yesterday if it would make sense to have a Pico container presenting Jini services as Pico components.I guess so: the JiniContainer would monitor services coming up and down in Jini and provide the Pico container contracts accordingly. That way, Jini clients would not have to deal with discovery of services. They would simply ask the Pico container for the Jini service they are in need of.It might also help development: write first a simple Pico component (using some containers from Nano) then turn it into a fully Jini compliant service and use the JiniContainer. The code would not have to be updated since it was already based on Pico!Update (on 2003-06-30): Rickard Öberg explains somehow the same thing (and even speaks about Jini).This idea might prove really useful from WebOS2. Jini 1.2 to Jini 2 migration This document is about how to migration some Jini 1.2 code into a fully enhanced Jini 2 one.This is roughtly an extract of some good pieces of information sent on the mailing-lists.John McClain posted a list of steps in order to do so: stop relying on automatic stub replacement (details) use net.jini.config (details) use net.jini.export implement net.jini.core.constraint.RemoteMethodControl perform a JAAS login proxy trust start using ProxyPreparers

Read: 2003-06-27 Pico with a Jini container? I was keep ...

Topic: Automate Your Windows Defrag Regularly Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: A McBride-SCO Question

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use