The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Buzz Forum
Awesome AOP links

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Carlos Villela

Nickname: cvillela

Carlos Villela is a Java developer working mostly with web technologies and AOP.
Awesome AOP links Posted: Jul 29, 2003 11:16 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Java Buzz by Carlos Villela.
Original Post: Awesome AOP links
Feed Title: That's sooo '82!
Feed URL: http://www.jroller.com/rss/cv?catname=Technical
Feed Description: Carlos Villela's weblog. Everyday life, everyday software development, everyday musings.
Latest Java Buzz Posts
Latest Java Buzz Posts by Carlos Villela
Latest Posts From That's sooo '82!

Advertisement
Is it just me or discussions about AOP pointcut strategies are popping all over? I should link these for now; I'll comment them later when I have the time, that is, if I have something to add ;)

fx's Aspect pointcutting strategies, my comment on the subject and his followup, More on pointcutting

TSS thread: Dion's interview with Gregor

I really liked this quote, from Rickard:

When I say "metadata" it's important to distinguish between the actual associations between classes/methods/fields and these attributes and how these associations are done. Using tags in source code is *one* way to do this, but certainly not the only one. As but one example, in our own AOP/metadata framework we allow attributes to be defined in XML-files which are read at startup and added to the set of runtime attributes gathered through source code doclet tags. This way we can have one set of attributes which are always the same (=defined in code) and some of which are more deployment oriented (=defined in XML). It seems like most people think "doclet tags" when you talk about metadata, but that's (to me) just one input method among others.

Got me thinking... maybe I should try this separation (doclet tags for 'static' stuff, XML for configurable-at-deployment stuff), it seems to work well and gives a nice 'i can see it in my code!' effect, which I like.

Read: Awesome AOP links

Topic: i-Mode Role in J2ME Games Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: NTT DoCoMo DoJa i-Mode Emulator-J2ME

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use