The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Python Buzz Forum
Me on TCL

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Sidnei da Silva

Nickname: deecee

Sidnei da Silva is a dirty little brazilian python hacker
Me on TCL Posted: Dec 24, 2003 8:33 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Python Buzz by Sidnei da Silva.
Original Post: Me on TCL
Feed Title: awkly.org
Feed URL: http://awkly.org/categories.rdf?category=Python
Feed Description: dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true
Latest Python Buzz Posts
Latest Python Buzz Posts by Sidnei da Silva
Latest Posts From awkly.org

Advertisement
Me on TCL

Uhh! That's old stuff. I had even forgot about it. Back in late 1999/2000 I was working on a project for my University, collecting voice samples for training a speech recognizer. We were using the CSLU Toolkit which was developed in TCL. I recall we were creating a automated interview, using the toolkit, for then collecting voice samples. It was done using a RAD tool written in TCL, part of the toolkit. This RAD tool worked by defining something like a state diagram, as can be seen here, and on each state you could program entry and exit actions, set the volume of the spoken part and the recorded part, display visual message boxes, etc.

Oh, there is the project homepage. Now I remember, the project was called Spoltech. Ugh, how much I hated that MS FrontPage template.

I remember I had lots of trouble wrapping my head around TCL and Tk, as I had just learnt to program. If I still recall I had just learnt Pascal, and a bit of C. Oh yes! And we used to have some AIX boxes available for the project. And I managed to hack into one of the boxes, using a known FTP exploit, as the teacher woudn't give me the root password.

Ah, if I only knew a bit more about Unix and if it was Python instead of TCL, things would have certainly be different back then...

Humm... seems like my teacher, Andre Adami, is still involved with speech recognition, or at least was, back in 2002. He was also part of the CSLU @ OGI, together with his wife, Adriana Adami. Nothing can hide from Google these days. Also found his page at my university, which also seems to have been updated in 2002. I wonder why I can't find anything from 2003 related to him. Oh, there it is, complete with a phone number :) I should call him to give a Merry Christmas....

Read: Me on TCL

Topic: Santa's twin Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Velocity

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use