The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
SimpleFold 0.4.0 and visual comparison of (vim) folding methods

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Eigen Class

Nickname: eigenclass

Eigenclass is a hardcore Ruby blog.
SimpleFold 0.4.0 and visual comparison of (vim) folding methods Posted: May 11, 2006 10:01 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Eigen Class.
Original Post: SimpleFold 0.4.0 and visual comparison of (vim) folding methods
Feed Title: Eigenclass
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/eigenclass
Feed Description: Ruby stuff --- trying to stay away from triviality.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Eigen Class
Latest Posts From Eigenclass

Advertisement

I've been reworking my vim folding script for Ruby. It stays within the usability subspace I like (optimized vertical space, sensible foldtext, fold on classes, methods, etc.), but now it can also fold optionally on if/while and friends, and also supports folds set with markers. It is now available as a plugin, so installation is as easy as copying it into ~/.vim/plugin/; the default mapping is <Leader>f (i.e. \f if you didn't change mapleader).

Here's a few animations comparing it to the 'syntax' and 'marker' methods.

Syntax vs. SimpleFold

Both images correspond to the same files; I've timed them carefully to show equivalent views (top-level, class-level, method-level) at a time (you might have to reload the page to make sure they play synchronously). The first one is fdm=syntax, the second is SimpleFold's syntax.gif simplefold1.gif

Read more...

Read: SimpleFold 0.4.0 and visual comparison of (vim) folding methods

Topic: Another example of how CC-licensed stuff helps Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: IBM busca hacer al Mainframe algo moderno

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use