The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Accessing the non-perishable information on eigenclass.org

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Eigen Class

Nickname: eigenclass

Eigenclass is a hardcore Ruby blog.
Accessing the non-perishable information on eigenclass.org Posted: Nov 20, 2006 12:06 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Eigen Class.
Original Post: Accessing the non-perishable information on eigenclass.org
Feed Title: Eigenclass
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/eigenclass
Feed Description: Ruby stuff --- trying to stay away from triviality.
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Eigen Class
Latest Posts From Eigenclass

Advertisement

eigenclass.org is a bit over one year old, and I've populated it with a fair amount of information and code. If you've been reading it, you'll know that I've tried to keep eigenclass.org as far as possible from the average(?) blog ("link to news story plus worthless comment", "link to link to discussion of somebody else's work", shallow technical remarks & rants...). Coming up with new, worthy stuff isn't easy and I've not always succeeded (I've often thought that it just wasn't good enough and was close to shutting down eigenclass.org for good a couple times), but there are some non-perishable bits of info here, and I'm trying to make them easier to access.

I've been classifying some nodes, and just committed a new plugin to generate page lists ranked by popularity defined as

{ page_views } over { age sup alpha}

for alpha between 0.5 and 1. Here are the 25 most popular nodes on eigenclass.org for alpha = 0.5, you might find something of interest amongst them:

Read more...

Read: Accessing the non-perishable information on eigenclass.org

Topic: Human Oriented Programming Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Fitting words

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use