The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Ruby Buzz Forum
Virtualization for Free: VirtualBox

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Jared Richardson

Nickname: jaredr

Jared Richardson is an author, speaker, and consultant who enjoys working with Ruby and Rails.
Virtualization for Free: VirtualBox Posted: Jun 7, 2007 1:43 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Ruby Buzz by Jared Richardson.
Original Post: Virtualization for Free: VirtualBox
Feed Title: Agile Artisans
Feed URL: http://agileartisans.com/main/rss
Feed Description: Jared's Blog
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts
Latest Ruby Buzz Posts by Jared Richardson
Latest Posts From Agile Artisans

Advertisement
If you read this blog regularly or heard me speak, you've probably had to endure an enthusiastic rant about virtualization. I think it's a great thing that can make your life much easier. Now that X86 Virtualization is commonly available, we can run a guest operating system just as fast as if it were the only operating system running on the hardware. Nice.

The existing players have a new competitor though... and I think VirtualBox will shake things up a bit.

Here's the state of the product line up as I see it.

Xen is awesome, powerful, open source, cool... and Linux only. And you've got to be a Linux guru to install and run it. Recently it's made huge leaps forward in ease of use, but I only mention it here so I don't get dozens of emails telling me I missed ~the~ major player. It's what your IT department will use, but most end users won't. <

Read: Virtualization for Free: VirtualBox

Topic: ParseTree version 1.7.1 has been released! Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: ar_mailer version 1.2.0 has been released!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use