The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
What happened to New Sql Project in Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2?

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Raymond Lewallen

Nickname: rlewallen

Raymond Lewallen is a .Net developer and Sql Server DBA
What happened to New Sql Project in Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2? Posted: Apr 24, 2005 10:03 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Raymond Lewallen.
Original Post: What happened to New Sql Project in Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2?
Feed Title: Raymond Lewallen
Feed URL: /error.htm?aspxerrorpath=/blogs/raymond.lewallen/rss.aspx
Feed Description: Patterns and Practices, OOP, .Net and Sql
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Raymond Lewallen
Latest Posts From Raymond Lewallen

Advertisement
Ok, this is pretty annoyning.  I have Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2 installed along with Sql Server 2005 April CTP.  So I want to create a new stored procedure in C# to use in sql server.  Click New/Project and look around.  Hey!  No new sql server project!  What happened here?

So now I take my old C# stored procedures and open them up in Beta 2.  Don't try to convert from Beta1 to Beta2, it won't convert a single file of your project.  So I create a new project and add my old files to it.  Naturally, there are all types of compile time errors.  Most notably, that have moved System.Data.SqlServer to Microsoft.SqlServer.Server.  Ok, easy enough to deal with.  Change a couple of statements (GetPipe() is now just a read only property called Pipe, if I remember correctly from last night).  Now everything seems to be OK, except one thing.  I can't find what they did with SqlContext.GetCommand.  That was pretty important, as it returned a sql command object within the current context.  For the life of my have not been able to find out where that went.

So now what, we can't build UDFs or stored procedures in Beta2 now?  Even the April CTP of MSDN still references the Beta1 namespaces, so no help there.  Cannot find anything on the internet regarding these changes or what we're supposed to do in order to build sql clr code in VS Beta 2.  If anybody has any information, I'd be most grateful.  If I find any more information on this, I'll post it here.

Read: What happened to New Sql Project in Visual Studio 2005 Beta 2?

Topic: So what I am doing now...dScribe 2 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Solving a problem

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use