The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Spec#

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Wesner Moise

Nickname: wesnerm

Wesner Moise is former co-developer of Microsoft Excel and currently a software entrepreneur
Spec# Posted: Aug 1, 2006 5:53 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Wesner Moise.
Original Post: Spec#
Feed Title: .NET Undocumented
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/smartsoftware
Feed Description: Wesner Moise's musings on .NET, Technology, Entrepreneurship and Life
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Wesner Moise
Latest Posts From .NET Undocumented

Advertisement
At the Lang.NET Symposium, I met up a member of the Spec# research team, Mike Barnett, shared with him information about the tool I was working on, and gave him my contact information.As I suspected earlier, Rustan Leino, who previously worked at HP/Compaq on ESC/Java, joined Microsoft to work on the Spec# programming system. I watched an impressivepresentation on the tool that included real-time IDE integration and syntax highlighting. Spec# works off of IL with the implication that eventually all the .NET languages will eventually support specifications. Indeed, the presentation was called Why Every Language Should (Will) have Specifications. Spec# requires that all calls to functions with specifications be provably true either through existing conditions within code or by using...

Read: Spec#

Topic: Office Developer Webcast Series Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Review of Dual Monitor Software

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2014 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use - Advertise with Us