The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Another Yawn of an Event

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Wesner Moise

Nickname: wesnerm

Wesner Moise is former co-developer of Microsoft Excel and currently a software entrepreneur
Another Yawn of an Event Posted: Jun 11, 2013 5:42 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Wesner Moise.
Original Post: Another Yawn of an Event
Feed Title: .NET Undocumented
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/smartsoftware
Feed Description: Wesner Moise's musings on .NET, Technology, Entrepreneurship and Life
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Wesner Moise
Latest Posts From .NET Undocumented

Advertisement

Despite the changes that were unveiled to iOS today, I still expected quite a bit more based on published patent applications and statements made earlier by executives. I am left wondering how much new functionality was actually presented today--all the more so, because iOS7 represents the culmination of years of work and is clearly the main development branch. We finally have a good sense of the true state of Apple’s iOS development progress, although some functionality may still be hidden for unreleased devices.

I must say the new font makes it easier to distinguish characters for reading text on a small screen. I have yet to review the beta of iOS7, so I may uncover more unannounced goodies.

The upcoming iPhone and iPad could see significant changes as well as unlocked functionality from iOS7. There were rumors that the two devices would be announced or launch on the anniversary of the original iPhone in an event entitles, “Original Passion. New Ideas.” There are some hints of 3D functionality with iOS7 UI motion tracking and this could be expanded further with the faster, more battery-efficient processors in newer hardware.

Otherwise, there’s 2014, which Tim Cook has promised to be full of innovation. I really like the company’s vision as revealed from patent applications, but I am getting real tired of waiting for it to come to fruition. For now, I will experiment with iOS7.

Read: Another Yawn of an Event

Topic: Advanced Debugging with WinDbg and SOS Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Some Last Thoughts Before Apples Conference

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2014 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use - Advertise with Us