The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

.NET Buzz Forum
Impressions from Software Architecture Open Space 2013

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Christian Horsdal

Nickname: horsdal

Christian Horsdal is a software architect at MjĂžlner Informatics.
Impressions from Software Architecture Open Space 2013 Posted: Sep 21, 2013 2:27 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with .NET Buzz by Christian Horsdal.
Original Post: Impressions from Software Architecture Open Space 2013
Feed Title: Horsdal
Feed URL: http://www.horsdal-consult.dk/feeds/posts/default
Feed Description: A blog that will be about code, architecture, design, and .NET.
Latest .NET Buzz Posts
Latest .NET Buzz Posts by Christian Horsdal
Latest Posts From Horsdal

Advertisement
We ran the 2013 edition of the Software Architecture Open Space conference (SAOS) this past Thursday, and once again I am amazed how well the open space format works. Everybody there were both highly knowledgeable and keen to share. The combination is a goldmine of learning opportunity.

Topics
The topics covered this year were quite diverse. Ranging from the particulars of Docker.io to the most effective place in an organization for an enterprise architect to work.

Since there were up to 7 seven sessions running in parallel I did not participate in all discussions. Even so just looking at the topics I had the chance to discuss paints a broad picture: "Event Sourcing in practice", "Modeling in NoSQL DBs", "How to Build an Architecture that Enables Flow in Development", "Reactive Manifesto", "NoProcess Development", "Architects and Organizations" og "The Value of Contributing in Open Source".

Take Aways
What one takes away from an event like SAOS obviously vary a lot lot from person to person. Personally the main points I came away with were:
  • I am not the only one that thinks that lean thinking can be applied to software architectures, not just organizations and processes. Hallelujah I am not alone :-P
  • Confirmation that Continuous Delivery is slowly but steadily becoming mainstream
  • A better understanding of the role of Enterprise Architecture in large organizations (and confirmation that EA is not for me)
  • Lots of new good contacts
  • Insights into concrete experience with introducing event sourcing to a team and which type of common hiccups to expect

Read: Impressions from Software Architecture Open Space 2013

Topic: Hacking C# Application: An Unfriendly Territory Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The first book on NServiceBus is now out!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use