The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK) Guide Published

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Dec 3, 2013 8:15 AM by Vijay Nathani

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Franco Martinig

Nickname: martinig

Scrum Expert
Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK) Guide Published Posted: Dec 3, 2013 7:09 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by Franco Martinig.
Original Post: Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK) Guide Published
Feed Title: Scrum Expert
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ScrumExpert
Feed Description: Resources, News and Tools for the ScrumMasters, Product Owners and Agile Developers
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by Franco Martinig
Latest Posts From Scrum Expert

Advertisement
SCRUMstudy has released the definitive guide for Scrum, the Scrum Body of Knowledge—SBOK Guide. The SBOK Guide is a comprehensive document that can be used to deliver projects using Scrum. It provides guidelines for the successful implementation of Scrum. Lead author Tridibesh Satpathy said, “The SBOK was developed as a standard guide for organizations and professionals who want to implement Scrum, as well as those who want to make improvements to their processes. It is intended for use as a reference and knowledge guide by both experienced Scrum and other product ...

Read: Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK) Guide Published

Vijay Nathani

Nickname: vijaynath

Re: Scrum Body of Knowledge (SBOK) Guide Published Posted: Dec 3, 2013 8:15 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Ken Schwaber, the creator of Scrum, says about this book:

"A group called ScrumStudy has published a book, Scrum Body of Knowledge, also calling it a Scrum Guide. It is posted on Amazon. When it was first pointed out to me, all of the reviews were five star. I bought a copy to see what was so great. First, it had extended the Scrum Guide where Jeff and I define Scrum from 17 pages to the 340 in the book. Second, it simply threw together every known practice about agile around Scrum and created a methodology which (their words) is appropriate for any project of any size in any industry. Whew. Worse, the book was written by thirty or so people, none of whom are active in the Scrum or agile community.

I went in to look at the reviews, unsure how other people in the Scrum community could view this as useful, particularly with such glowing comments. I found that all of the people were from the same country where ScrumStudy is located (India) and that most had never reviewed anything on Amazon before. Amazon reviews were being gamed.

I emailed some friends and we entered what we thought of the book. The lead author of Scrum BOK, Tridibesh Satpathy did the following:

1. Objected to my review (see below for the review and his objection) and had it removed.

2. Had his friends write more positive reviews.

If anyone here knows amazon and can help, please do so. This is an absolute corruption of Scrum principles and values, and is an abuse of amazon. Also, if you want to flood the book with negative reviews, I won't object."

Please ignore this book. It is a waste of time.

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: Agile Estimation and Story Points Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Software Development Conferences Forecast November 2013

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use