The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Agile Buzz Forum
Reasons Why Scrum Can Fail

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Franco Martinig

Nickname: martinig

Scrum Expert
Reasons Why Scrum Can Fail Posted: Jan 30, 2017 7:59 AM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with Agile Buzz by Franco Martinig.
Original Post: Reasons Why Scrum Can Fail
Feed Title: Scrum Expert
Feed URL: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ScrumExpert
Feed Description: Resources, News and Tools for the ScrumMasters, Product Owners and Agile Developers
Latest Agile Buzz Posts
Latest Agile Buzz Posts by Franco Martinig
Latest Posts From Scrum Expert

Advertisement
If Scrum and Agile approaches are supposed to increase the chances of success for software development projects, not all the projects that want to use Scrum are successful. In this article, John Yorke shares his opinion on why Agile projects might fail due to the confusion between the roles (ScrumMaster, Product Owner, Developer) in a Scrum Team and the required Agile mindsets. Author : John Yorke, Agile Coach, WWT Asynchrony Labs, http://www.asynchrony.com/ I should start out by saying that I am a big fan of Scrum. I think those that devised the framework possessed an agile mindset but also were mindful of human nature. They created a framework that had built-in checks and balances and solutions to many of the most common problems. They also had an understanding of system level thinking – I’ll come back to that later. The core of the system though are the key roles: Scrum Master, Product Owner and Development Team. This triad is what makes Scrum so successful (when it works) and in my opinion it is the absence of this triad that is the root cause of the majority of the unsuccessful adoptions. It’s All About the Mindset However, I don’t think it is the role that defines this triad but the perceived mindset behind the role.  For example, having a team that possesses a strong member with an Agile mindset, along with the knowledge and skills to support it and the opportunity to focus on it all help achieve a proper mindset. Furthermore, [...]

Read: Reasons Why Scrum Can Fail

Topic: The Sweet Software Architecture Spot Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Software Development Conferences Forecast January 2017

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use