The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Articles Forum
Audio: Gavin King on Hibernate

2 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Aug 23, 2005 9:00 PM by Bill Venners

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Bill Venners

Nickname: bv

Audio: Gavin King on Hibernate Posted: Aug 23, 2005 9:00 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
In this audio interview, Gavin King, founder of the Hibernate project, discusses the relationship between Hibernate and EJB3, various strategies for collection fetching, why transparent persistence is a bad idea, and the role of caching in persistence architectures.

http://www.artima.com/lejava/audio/gavin_king_hibernate.html

What do you think of Gavin's comments?

Vincent O'Sullivan

Nickname: vincent

Re: Gavin King on Hibernate Posted: Aug 30, 2005 12:48 AM
Bill,

A suggestion for Artima. There are now at least three audio articles available on Artima and, doubtless, more on the way.

At the moment there is little to distinguish them (for search purposes) from other articles. As a result, it took me a while to find even this small number when trying to locate them all.

I think it would be useful distinguish the non-text articles in some way; perhaps to group them together in a new section or maybe to prefix the heading in some way, such as:

AUDIO: Gavin King on Hibernate

Vince.

Eric Samson

Nickname: erix

Re: Gavin King on Hibernate Posted: Sep 2, 2005 6:18 AM
obviously my opinion is a little bit biased but I must say I'm far from being convinced by Gavin's arguments against transparent persistence.
Mostly opinions rather than explanations.
Best Regards, Eric.

Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Topic: Audio: Java Community Process Roundtable 2005 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Erich Gamma on Flexibility and Reuse

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use