recls 1.8.1 released
Posted: Jun 18, 2006 5:56 PM
It's been six months since the last release, and there's a lot of new code to the core library and all supported mappings, as well as a couple of little bug fixes.
Notable additions to core are:
- supports "~" for representing home directory to search/stat functions
- Recls_SearchFeedback() - provides callbacks, throughout searching, for each directory traversed
- Recls_GetSelectedRoots() - gets the host system roots according to type (fixed, network, optical, ...)
- Recls_CombinePaths() - combines path fragments
- Recls_DeriveRelativePath() - determines the path of an target path relative to an origin path
- Recls_SqueezePath() - squeezes paths, using ..., into fixed maximum width
- RECLS_F_USE_TILDE_ON_NO_SEARCHROOT flag - assumes home directory if NULL
- RECLS_F_IGNORE_HIDDEN_ENTRIES_ON_WIN32 flag - skips hidden files on Win32 (UNIX support in next version)
Corresponding functionality added to all mappings: C++, D, Java, .NET, Python, Ruby, STL
Details, and downloads, at recls.org/downloads.html#recls_1_8_1
- the core builds with latest DMC++
- the D source file contains all updates to API, i.e. includes getRoots(), getSelectedRoots(), combinePaths(), deriveRelativePath() and squeezePath() functions.
- the module is no longer "std.recls" - now plain "recls"
- the D mapping contains a makefile that works with
- I've run out of time for producing binaries. If anyone wants to do that, feel free.
- if there are any issues, please post here STLSoft newsgroup
- I wanted to provide binaries for these mappings in this distro, but time has not been my friend. Makefiles and/or VS project files are included. Post to the STLSoft newsgroup with any problems.
One last note: the distro is dependent on STLSoft 1.9.1 beta 10 (released today; stlsoft.org/downloads.html#stlsoft_1_9_1b10). Make sure you upgrade, or you'll have problems.