The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

PHP Buzz Forum
GroupOrg Progress

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Lewis Franklin

Nickname: brolewis

Lewis Franklin is Lead Developer for GroupOrg Group Management System
GroupOrg Progress Posted: Sep 13, 2004 8:26 PM
Reply to this message Reply

This post originated from an RSS feed registered with PHP Buzz by Lewis Franklin.
Original Post: GroupOrg Progress
Feed Title: Lewis Franklin's Blog
Feed URL: /default.aspx?a=www.grouporg.org
Feed Description: Admin Blog for GroupOrg
Latest PHP Buzz Posts
Latest PHP Buzz Posts by Lewis Franklin
Latest Posts From Lewis Franklin's Blog

Advertisement
8f4 Eric and I have been talking for some time now and I have decided to make public our discussions. We would like to see GroupOrg come with a stable release by January 1, 2005. While GroupOrg has never been deadline driven, nor will it be now, we belive that setting a goal for ourselves will help us from drifting. Our desire is to make the first release feature-compatible with InfoCentral. That is to say that any InfoCentral user will be able to migrate to GroupOrg without a loss of data or functionality. In order for us to reach this goal, there is still quite a bit of work to be done. First, we need to have a stable core. Eric is currently working on an efficient error handler. I am working on making the code forwards compatible with PHP5. Jason is working on creating an installer. Once we have a stable core, I will publish the API. I would like for everyone to review the API to make sure it makes sense and covers everything you can think is needed. After this API is published, our focus will turn to module development. From the beginning we need to develop modules that are feature-compatible with InfoCentral. I envision these modules as: - Membership Management - Admin Interface - User Management - Donation Management - Groups Management - Properties Management - Reports System I personally have volunteered to lead the Membership Management and User Management modules. We will need individuals to step up and lead the other modules. I need to know if I have missed any features of InfoCentral that need to make GroupOrg feature complete. Also, I would like your feedback to the above outline. Finally, if you would be interested/willing to lead one of the remaining modules, I would like to hear from you. While this is forward looking, if while developing on a module you realize some changes that need to be made to the core, please contact myself or Eric Jennings. I do not say this because we want to be controlling, but feel that any changes to the core need to go through the admins first. We will then see what changes need to be made and contact the other module leaders to make sure any changes will not break his/her development. Once we feel confident that the changes will not affect other developers, the changes will be made. dea

Read: GroupOrg Progress

Topic: 1a Creative use of Data:Table 11 Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Congrats to Davey!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use