The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

ScalaTest/ScalaUtils Forum
scalatest + jenkins + sbt

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Jul 16, 2012 11:33 AM by Bill Venners

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
pierre schaus

Nickname: pschaus

scalatest + jenkins + sbt Posted: Jul 16, 2012 7:43 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hello Bill,

I'm currently using a plugin (listener) to have the xml output and have my test results nicely presented in Jenkins.
But I would prefer to remove this dependency and have it done by scalatest itself.
Do you have plans to implement that?
Thank you in advance,

Pierre

Bill Venners

Nickname: bv

Re: scalatest + jenkins + sbt Posted: Jul 16, 2012 11:33 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Hi Pierre,

Yes, the issue there has always been that sbt doesn't have a notion of a run. One thing we've done is submitted an enhancement to sbt that does. That is apparently not going into sbt 0.12 though, unfortunately, though I'm going to lobby for that at Scalathon.

Runner has been able to generate JUnit XML for years, and so one thing you can do is set up a task for your continuous integration (CI) run that invokes ScalaTest directly. I'm guessing you don't need the JUnit XML during development builds, just CI builds?

I almost put in a feature in 1.7 to do this, and backed it out at the last minute because of a lack of documentation of a Java API that creates a directory. It didn't say what would happen if two people try to create the directory at the same time. Probably it would work, but it was very close to the release, and people have a work-around meantime, so I dropped it. If the new Framework API really isn't going in until sbt 0.13, though, we will need to release the interim feature.

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: Nested before and after for FunSpec Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: ScalaTest 2.0

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use