The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

News & Ideas Forum (Closed for new topic posts)
Q & A Session with Jboss's Marc Fleury

0 replies on 1 page.

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 0 replies on 1 page
Stanley Kohut

Nickname: velcro

Q & A Session with Jboss's Marc Fleury Posted: Apr 1, 2003 7:33 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Martin LaMonica writes "In 1999, Marc Fleury was just another Java software engineer working at Sun Microsystems. When he got tired of his day job, he started exploring the idea of an open-source application server based on the Java 2 Enterprise Edition specification."

"Four years later, it's clear he was onto something. The JBoss software that Fleury and his colleagues created has since garnered significant interest from Java developers, and programmer enthusiasm is generally a good indicator of sound technology."

Read the full CNET News article here.

http://news.com.com/2008-1082-994819.html

Here is an excerpt:

Q: How can a group of open-source developers stay ahead of commercial companies?

A: Make no mistakes: We're commercial, meaning I put food on the table for all my developers. It's a good question that you're posing, though, which is can open source sustain itself? By and large, if you don't make money, no, you're not going to sustain it. I'm very focused on making a profit to make sure my developers can pay their bills. That's our model.

In terms of whether we innovate, the Middleware 2003 conference had papers submitted from academics all over the world for the most exclusive conference related to middleware. And of the papers accepted, we made it to the top ten and they're inviting us to the keynote. To me, that's very significant.

Have you used any Jboss software? If so what is your opinion on Jboss's products?

Topic: Flash Goes Solo Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Building Adaptable Systems

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use