The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

News & Ideas Forum (Closed for new topic posts)
Ask Artima: Can TDD and RUP Work Together?

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: Jun 7, 2003 1:09 AM by Charles Miller

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Manohar

Nickname: manukar

Ask Artima: Can TDD and RUP Work Together? Posted: Jun 3, 2003 2:24 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
Hi All,

So far I have not used Test Driven Development (TDD). In our organization we are following Rational Unified Process (RUP).

I have heard TDD is some sort of write test code first, and then develop, and then refactor if necessary.

I have few questions:

- Can TDD not be employed in RUP? I ask because RUP recommends design be done before implemetation, and design should be a blueprint for the implementation. Any refactoring required it should be done as design itself.

- In TDD approach, is there no design at all?

- Does writing black box testing scripts not fall under TDD? (I cask because TDD needs some kind of implementation details like class name & method names.)

- If TDD is to fit in RUP, then we should start writing tests after design. Am i right in stating so?

Please clarify

Thanks in Advance,
Manohar

Charles Miller

Nickname: carlfish

Re: Ask Artima: Can TDD and RUP Work Together? Posted: Jun 7, 2003 1:09 AM
Reply to this message Reply
There's an Extreme Programming plugin for RUP, I suggest that'd be the first place to start looking: http://www.rational.com/products/rup/xprog.jsp?SMSESSION=NO

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: What would you ask the JCP panel? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Overview of Jini 2.0 security

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use