The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

News & Ideas Forum (Closed for new topic posts)
Are Two Monitors Better Than One?

17 replies on 2 pages. Most recent reply: Jun 25, 2011 4:09 AM by Bret Brown

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Flat View: This topic has 17 replies on 2 pages [ « | 1 2 ]
Steve DeMaio

Nickname: rockxstar

Re: Are Two Monitors Better Than One? Posted: Mar 17, 2004 12:47 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
I am currently running 3 19" monitors all flat panel. I use them in my recording studio. It's excellent having the extra space to put everything i need see right in front of me at the same time. I was able to make it so that my digital mixing console was center, and each time i open a specific tracks data, depending on what information it was displaying, it is put up on either side. 3 things at once makes my job a whole lot easier, and makes it possible to tweak multiple things all at once. I do however have 3 separate video cards powering these, and i have found the quality to be tremendousely better to dedicate 1 card per monitor. I also have my center monitor VGA style to my drum room, my vocal booth, and the main studio room on 3 separate monitors, and am able through webcam to put myself on the screen so my clients can see what i'm doing, and can do the same with them so that i can see what they are doing. I have the ability also to throw lyrics on the screen for vocalists, so that they don't need a music stand in the way, provided they bring a disk with the file on it. I even had one group bring in pictures on disk in a slideshow form, so that he could look at his x-girlfriend as he sang about how he couldn't stand her!! I can even control the main console while in any of the rooms in order to record my solo projects without any assistance!! It's amazing what can be done with just a little experimentation with your computers capability. I am an enormous advocate of the multiple screen concept! DO IT! I promise, it is so incredibly worth it! And not nearly as expensive as it sounds. And 1 more added bonus is you look very professional to clients. I mean i am an excellent engineer by todays standards, but so many of my clients are sold after seeing my setup. Showing them what i am capable of as far as sound is only the icing on the cake.

Mike Adwin

Nickname: mikeadwin

Re: Are Two Monitors Better Than One? Posted: Mar 9, 2011 10:55 PM
I prefer using only 1, because it just makes things complicate to have 2 of them.

Bret Brown

Nickname: bretwt91

Re: Are Two Monitors Better Than One? Posted: Jun 25, 2011 4:09 AM
I think it is based upon your requirement.
if, set up the two monitor is your requirement
than it is beneficial to u else it is only the
wasting of space and time.
For more details you can refer to the concept of dual monitors in which one monitor can be used to display
pictures while other can be used for displaying menus.

Flat View: This topic has 17 replies on 2 pages [ « | 1  2 ]
    Next Topic Topic: Analyze this!

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use