This page contains an archived post to the Java Answers Forum made prior to February 25, 2002.
If you wish to participate in discussions, please visit the new
Clear screen of msdos using Java
Posted by Allan Cahill on April 21, 2000 at 9:36 AM
I am trying to find out how to clear an msdos screen using java
In c++, there was a function called clrscr() which used to serve
this purpose - java does not seem to have anything similiar.
I have looked everywhere for a solution, and tried many different
suggestions none of which work.
For example...it was suggested to use ANSI terminal sequences,
but this failed..
also tried the following -
Runtime r = Runtime.getRuntime ();
Process p = r.exec ("cmd /c cls");
but what this was doing was clearing another thread - not the
main one i was working on.
I need a way of using the above to clear the main thread, or some
alternate suggestion of a solution that ppl might be aware of.
This is an urgent issue and would appreciate any and all assistance.
- RE: System.out.print("\033c"); BigFaceChief December 02, 2001 at 1:09 PM
- Java Help Brigid mckenna August 22, 2001 at 7:46 AM
- Java Help Brigid mckenna August 22, 2001 at 7:44 AM
- Clearing a DOS window Ken Burns December 01, 2000 at 10:05 PM
- Crap Dr Doom November 19, 2001 at 3:01 PM
- Yeah! Matt Gerrans November 20, 2001 at 5:29 PM
- Clear dos windows Erich Meuse June 20, 2001 at 4:17 PM
- RE: Your problem Brian Vaughn April 21, 2001 at 12:41 AM
- JNI Perhaps? Bill Venners April 21, 2000 at 10:28 AM
- Re:Jni Allan Cahill April 24, 2000 at 10:43 AM
- stdio.h vicky March 02, 2001 at 4:19 PM
- stdio Matt Gerrans November 20, 2001 at 1:02 PM