The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Java Answers Forum
Virtual Machine Launcher

79 replies on 6 pages. Most recent reply: Dec 25, 2010 2:50 PM by teresa cox

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 79 replies on 6 pages [ « | 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 | » ]
michelle enright

Nickname: mish

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Mar 21, 2006 8:44 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
what do i do? if you dont mind me asking

kera sakti

Nickname: kerasapgui

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Apr 17, 2006 8:54 PM
hallo every body
i have some question and this belong my horrible day i have PC with windows xp as an operating system, i want to install oracle 9i client. but before installation proses begin, show
erroe message that describe Java Virtual Machine Launcher
Couldn't not find the main class, program will exit
some body may help me. this problem very annoying me

kera sakti

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Apr 17, 2006 8:55 PM
help me to get rid of this problem for sure

kera sakti

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Apr 17, 2006 9:03 PM
hallo there in cyber pipe, best regards to you all
i have windows xp as an operating system and i want to install oracle 9i client as my database aplication
but when i want to install this software there is a error message that Java Virtual Machine Launcher. Could not find the main class, program will exit
some body help me to get rid this problem

kera sakti

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Apr 17, 2006 9:04 PM
hallo mish do you on line now would be great if you can help me

kera sakti

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Apr 18, 2006 12:31 AM
i want to install oracle 9i client in my computer with windows xp as an operating system but when i launch the oracle installer, show message box "java virtual machine launcher"
could not find the main class, program will exit
please help me to resolve this matter

brian ray

Nickname: btrguitar

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Apr 18, 2006 1:40 PM
how to get rid of problem

kera sakti

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Apr 18, 2006 11:41 PM
yes how to solve this problem when i want to install oracle 9i client, when the process being execute there is a error messaage that java virtual machine launcher
couldn't fidn the main class , program will exit now

David Simmons

Nickname: dboi

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: May 5, 2006 8:51 PM
Did anyone get a response to that problem because i am having the same problem right now and it is really annoying me.

Matthias Neumair

Nickname: neumi

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: May 8, 2006 12:15 AM
Are you sure you're using the right installation files? The error message just says that it cannot find the stand-alone application in this files.

Ascione Giuseppe

Nickname: baiano

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: May 31, 2006 5:44 PM
Hi everyone
That's my first post
I got your same trouble
"..Virtual machine bla bla"
but ,perhaps, i've resolved making prompt command

-Start ->Run type CMD press enter
-go to filename.jar folder
-run java filename.jar
-copy main name class just after ":" without "/jar"
Example
java hiworld.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: hiword/jar
Your main class is "hiword"
-run java again and write: "java -cp filename.jar YOUR_MAIN_CLASS" (main class should write in capital letters)
Example
java -cp hiword.jar HIWORD
For info switch "-cp" find right class folder
U may create a batch file and save it in same directory of JAR file Remember ext "?????.BAT" Example hiworld.BAT
Before to try my application i've removed any java programm from task menu but i suppose that is not be required

Best Regards
B.-

kazuaki MATSUHASHI

Nickname: matsuhashi

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Aug 2, 2006 5:13 AM
Hi, folks.

Let me tell you my experience of the notorious "Could not find the main class. Program will will exit" message from Java Virtual Machine Launcher invoked by javaw.

I had 2 Eclipse Java project; namely A-project and B-project. B-project was dependent on the artifacts of A-project; B required the jar of A.

I wanted to create Windows EXE of B. I selected JSmoothgen to create the EXE which wraps an executable jar.

I thought I had better to create a single jar which contains classes both of A and B. So in the build.xml for B-project
(1) compiles B classes
(2) unjars the jar file of A-project
(3) create a jar containing A and B classes, append MANIFEST.MF with Main-Class declaration.
(4) run JSmoothgen to wrap the executable jar into Windows EXE.

I did all those steps on JDK1.5. By double clicking the produced EXE, I got that sad message.

I happened to uninstall the JDK1.5, then reinstalled the JDK1.4. I did the B-project build to get a rebuilt EXE. Double-clicking the icon, WOW, it worked fine!

Now I will tell you why. In the build.xml of A-project, I did NOT specify "target" option for <javac>. The <javac target=".."> option specifies the version of target JavaVM. In the build.xml of B-project, I DID explicitly specify target="1.4". This inconsistency was the root cause of my problem.

When I do the buid for A and B in the JDK1.4 environment, I got 1.4 classes for both of A and B. All the class files contained in the final executable jar (and EXE) were targeting to JavaVM 1.4, Ok.

Once I move to JDK1.5, the A-project classes are compiled into JavaVM1.5 format because the build.xml for A project missed "target" attribute for <javac> therefore defaulted to "1.5". On the otherhand I got the B-project classess compiled into JavaVM1.4 format because the build.xml for B explicity specified target="1.4". Then I got a ugly jar where some classes are 1.4 format classes and others are 1.5 format.

Sorry for the Java Virtual Machine Laucher, the jar I passed to you was just corrupted.

rob m

Nickname: recently85

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Nov 25, 2006 2:58 PM
Hey, I've had this problem for months, and I just stumbled across this message board as I was looking for a way to fix it. Every time I started up my Dell with Windows XP, I got the aforementioned "Java Virtual Machine Launcher: Could not find the main class. Program will exit" message.

I tried Matthaias Neumair's solution (listed on page 1 of this thread) to no avail. I then ran Lavasoft's Ad-aware, again without success. Finally, I ran SpyBot and the anti-spyware program that comes with AOL Version 9.0 Security Edition. None of these solved the problem.

The only way I managed to get rid of the pop-up was to go into the Control Panel, select "Add/remove programs," and delete all of my java-related software. After I did that, and restarted my Dell, I went to Java's website and downloaded the most current version of the software, as some of the previous posts recommend.

After one final restart, my computer is pop-up free, at least for now.

kiran patil

Nickname: kiranpatil

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Nov 26, 2007 8:43 AM
Hi There ,

Thank You for ur valuable information.
I want to add my experience .I tried with Ad-aware still the problem was not fixed then somehow i searched with Java Virtual Machine and got a link to download JVM from java.com.I installed it and Hushhhhhhhhhh..problem solved for which i struggled a lot even formatted pc twice.

kiran patil

Nickname: kiranpatil

Re: Virtual Machine Launcher Posted: Nov 26, 2007 8:46 AM
Hi,

Please search in google with "java virtual machine".It will give u link to download JVM from java.com.Download it and install.

I tried this n escaped from huge problem.

Direct link to download software: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Flat View: This topic has 79 replies on 6 pages [ « | 2  3  4  5  6 | » ]
Topic: Importance of implementing hashcode() method for Java classes that are used Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Need help with writing a code for following problem

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use