The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Django Gaining Steam

4 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: May 5, 2006 12:39 PM by Paulo Eduardo Neves

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 4 replies on 1 page
Guido van van Rossum

Nickname: guido

Django Gaining Steam (View in Weblogs)
Posted: May 4, 2006 7:59 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
Another plug for Django.
Advertisement

Django is gaining steam big way. Last week, a special baypiggies (Bay Area Python Interest Group) meeting drew huge crowds to listen to Django developer Jacob Kaplan-Moss. (*)

Several Googlers are asking about Django too!

Today, I found this: http://www2.jeffcroft.com/2006/may/02/django-non-programmers/. Could this become Django's killer app?

(*) Now on Google video: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-70449010942275062

Thomas R.

Nickname: trauma

Re: Django Gaining Steam Posted: May 4, 2006 8:43 AM
I don't quite get the last sentence: "Could this become Django's killer app?" You mean, being designer-friendly?

I'm so used to read "could this become Pythons killer app" in blogs that my eyes just stumbled on the word Django :). Not that I think Python needs to kill something.

Mark Ramm

Nickname: markramm

Re: Django Gaining Steam Posted: May 4, 2006 9:01 AM
I'm excited about what has happened on the Magic Removal Branch, and I'm looking forward to a bright future for Django.

I'm also very excited about what deeper wsgi integration, SQLAlchemy, and CherryPy 3.0, are going to bring to TurboGears. Not to mention the fact that more and more of Zope 3 technology is being componentized in a way that makes it much more attractive for reuse outside of Zope proper.

This is a good time for Python Web Development!

Philipp Keller

Nickname: phred

Re: Django Gaining Steam Posted: May 5, 2006 4:32 AM
Yesterday I watched a video of a presentation by Jacob Kaplan-Moss: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-70449010942275062&q=type%3Agoogle+engEDU
Is this the thing you are referring to?
After watching this I felt like "let's drop everything and start using Django"

Paulo Eduardo Neves

Nickname: neves

Podcasts? Posted: May 5, 2006 12:39 PM
Does anyone have mp3s files of these google presentations? They look great, but I'd like to hear them when I'm telecomuting.

Flat View: This topic has 4 replies on 1 page
Topic: Django Gaining Steam Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Associative Fold (i.e. Reduce) as a Primitive Operation

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use