The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Software Reusability: Myth Or Reality?

46 replies on 4 pages. Most recent reply: Apr 14, 2010 6:20 AM by Irina Kleingon

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 46 replies on 4 pages [ « | 1 2 3 4 ]
RAJNISH KASAT

Nickname: rajnishk

Re: Software Reusability: Myth Or Reality? Posted: Aug 8, 2009 3:27 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
You may want to refer to below link for my comments on generic software reusability

http://rajnishkasat.blogspot.com/2009/05/software-reusability-how-to-get-ahead.html

Irina Kleingon

Nickname: irinakl

Re: Software Reusability: Myth Or Reality? Posted: Apr 14, 2010 6:20 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Hi,

For my opinion software buisness components are not reused for the following reason: code is written abiding by the "Principle of minimal changes". This is why code always contains traces of previous versions and traces of unimplemented intentions "for the future version".
This traces are always undocumented and are never removed.
Sooner or later code of this sort becomes not given for understanding - then it dies and is cast away.
To take someone's code reflecting all its history - it is redundant burden. You cannot know when the code is going to die.

I did application for patent which describes revolutionary methodology covering software lifecycle as whole.
For now I'm interested in discussion and popularization of my invention.
Additional information could be found at my web site: www.gnotum.com.
Any response is welcome.

Best regards
Irina

Flat View: This topic has 46 replies on 4 pages [ « | 1  2  3  4 ]
Topic: Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Things to Know About Python Super [3 of 3]

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use