The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Book Preview: C# Query Expressions and 3.0 Features

4 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Jul 3, 2008 12:24 PM by charles black

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 4 replies on 1 page
Bruce Eckel

Nickname: beckel

Book Preview: C# Query Expressions and 3.0 Features (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 8:21 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
This is a free sample of a book that I have been working on with my coauthor Jamie King. As of March 2008, the full book is not yet available. However, this sample covers C# 3.0 fundamentals, and provides a full grounding in C# 3.0 Query Expressions.
Advertisement
Download Here

It's become more common for authors to offer a few pages or sometimes a chapter of their text to the public as a means of marketing. Our aim is to not only provide a sample, but also a useful stand-alone text. By itself, this sample provides any C# 2.0 programmer a foundation in C# 3.0.

This is intended to be a useful mini-book on its own, not just a teaser: it's 239 pages long and includes 82 exercises and solutions. The full book is filled with many more exercises and solutions.

The full text includes more material from Query Expressions chapter. It also includes additional chapters that cover LINQ to SQL and LINQ to XML, respectively.

We hope you find this sample useful. If you wish to purchase the full text, you may do so when the full book is released; watch this blog and the website www.MindView.net for further details.

Remember that this is a preview, and you will see items that have not yet been completed. The finished work will fix all such errata.

Steven Gerrard

Nickname: wonder216

Re: Book Preview: C# Query Expressions and 3.0 Features Posted: Mar 13, 2008 9:55 AM
Your book is so good!
I'm a Chinese and I'm now reading your book Thinking in Java 4E and my English is not good.
Anyway, wish your book wins more success!
Thank you,and your books!

Rob Jellinghaus

Nickname: rjelling

Re: Book Preview: C# Query Expressions and 3.0 Features Posted: Apr 23, 2008 10:53 PM
The link on the following page:

http://www.mindviewinc.com/mediacast/interviews/getFile.php?id=CSharpPreviewSample.pdf

is no longer functional. Which is terrible, because I downloaded the sample chapter, printed it, enjoyed it, learned a bunch, and then mislaid the paper copy as well as the electronic copy. And now it can't be re-downloaded! Please replace it?

Thanks very much,
Rob Jellinghaus

Craig Stuntz

Nickname: craigstunt

Re: Book Preview: C# Query Expressions and 3.0 Features Posted: Apr 30, 2008 6:42 AM
Here's a plug for/comment on your book:

http://blogs.teamb.com/craigstuntz/2008/04/28/37812

charles black

Nickname: cboozb

Re: Book Preview: C# Query Expressions and 3.0 Features Posted: Jul 3, 2008 12:24 PM
I have been reading your C# Query Expressions preview release (PDF) and think it is excellent. I'm not sure how to put this but a quality of all your books that I have gotten around to reading, is that they seem to be really well thought out; at the other extreme are books that seem to either contain thin reworking of an existing spec or other documentation from the web or else that start well but then lose the train of thought-as if they don't really have a feeling for what they want to say or talk about.

Anyway, in the interest of trying to make this new book as good as it can be, I make the following very small editorial comment which you are more than welcome to ignore: I have gotten to the section on anonymous types which I have never encountered before. I thought it was not as good as I am used to you writing. I think it needs more of an introduction/explanation then what you give it. What you have there is fine, I just think it needs some more at the start of the section, that's all.

Flat View: This topic has 4 replies on 1 page
Topic: Book Preview: C# Query Expressions and 3.0 Features Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: A Puzzling Divertimento

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use