The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
November Java Performance News

3 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Dec 1, 2003 10:09 AM by Richard Sawey

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
Jack Shirazi

Nickname: jacksjpt

November Java Performance News (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Nov 28, 2003 7:00 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
The November issue of the Java Performance Newsletter was published, and I ask you about the usefulness of these announcements.
Advertisement

The November issue of the Java Performance Newsletter was published, contents are:

If you missed the October issue, the contents of that issue are here

Someone (I don't know who) told someone (I know who) who told me that they think my announcements of my newsletters are not appropriate for a blog. They suggested that this was plain advertising. I actually agree that this announcement is advertising. The question is, do you find it useful? I am advertising relevant Java content on a Java interest website. The content is accessible for free, not even registration is required. Personally, I'm delighted when someone points out relevant material from their blog, and I couldn't care less if they are a member of the organization that provides the material. But I'll happily go with the flow. Do you think I should announce my newsletters here?

Chris Dailey

Nickname: mouse

Re: November Java Performance News Posted: Nov 28, 2003 11:51 AM
I would much rather you use the blog to post your own insights and opinions on technology, rather than pointers to another site (unless they are in context of your opinions on that article, or if the article provides material that is related to but out of scope of your entry).

Anyone could post links to the javaperformancetuning.com site, but only you could write your insights and opinions. That is where blogs on a site such as artima.com give real value to their readers, I believe.

Tim Vernum

Nickname: tpv

Re: November Java Performance News Posted: Nov 30, 2003 10:38 PM
I like the posting, although I could just as easily subscribe to be notified when you publish a new edition.

I would like to see more here. Write a blurb at the end that highlights the most important part of the newsletter. Add some comments. Tell me something that I wasn't going to get on the javaperformancetuning site.

Richard Sawey

Nickname: rsawey

Re: November Java Performance News Posted: Dec 1, 2003 10:09 AM
Yes, the announcements are useful, so yes you should keep doing this.

Flat View: This topic has 3 replies on 1 page
Topic: Java's Inferiority Complex? Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Reflections on the Quality of Open Source Software

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use