The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Speaking at FOSDEM

2 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Oct 12, 2009 5:25 AM by Miika Tuisku

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Martin Odersky

Nickname: modersky

Speaking at FOSDEM (View in Weblogs)
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 2:10 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
A talk about Scala, and an interview
Advertisement

I am going to give a talk about Scala at FOSDEM 2009 in Brussels, on Saturday February 7th at 16.00. FOSDEM stands for Free and Open Source European Developers Meeting. FOSDEM takes the concept of open source to conferences: admission is free, but donations are welcome. They attract a big crowd of open source developers and have an impressive list of speakers. If you are in the area, please drop by! You might also be intested in the interview I have done for them.

Update

Here are the slides of the talk. Some of the program examples did not come out quite right in Slideshare's reformatting, but overall it's legible.

Carlos Rodrigues

Nickname: cmsr

Re: Speaking at FOSDEM Posted: Feb 11, 2009 9:01 AM
Hello Martin,

I saw your presentation in last saturday @FOSDEM and I really like it. You were very convincing and you won a new supporter to the Scala cause.

Congratulations.

Miika Tuisku

Nickname: mtuisku

Re: Speaking at FOSDEM Posted: Oct 12, 2009 5:25 AM
Question: Does Scala have any relation to MS Singularity project, that builds clean slate OS with C# with extensions?
Cheers, Miika

Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Topic: Why Learn New Languages? Being Outlived by C++ Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Database Constraints: Use Them or Lose Them?

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use