The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Weblogs Forum
Programming Summer Camp: July 25-29 2011, Crested Butte, Colorado

1 reply on 1 page. Most recent reply: May 19, 2011 2:38 AM by Vincent O'Sullivan

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Bruce Eckel

Nickname: beckel

Programming Summer Camp: July 25-29 2011, Crested Butte, Colorado (View in Weblogs)
Posted: May 18, 2011 9:36 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Summary
A new event takes place this July in the mountains of Colorado: we decided to call it "Programming Summer Camp" because we're emphasizing outdoor activities in the morning, and programming activities in the afternoon (when the thunderstorms usually happen).
Advertisement

This is a very casual, leaderless & lectureless gathering, which follows the style of the afternoon "Coding Rodeos" that formed during the Java Posse Roundup -- those were organized by attendees who were interested in exploring a subject with others, but were not necessarily experts in the topic. This takes that idea and extends it for five days.

Currently we have a group for Scala, including Dick Wall, Bill Venners (coauthor of "Programming in Scala"), Dianne Marsh (coathor of "Scala Koans"), James Ward and myself, but we have room for at least two or three other topic groups (we're calling them "campsites").

This event will just cover costs, so there's a low fee of $200 for registration.

To find out more, and to sign up: https://sites.google.com/site/programmingsummercamp/

Vincent O'Sullivan

Nickname: vincent

Re: Programming Summer Camp: July 25-29 2011, Crested Butte, Colorado Posted: May 19, 2011 2:38 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Bruce,
I've just found a direct email from you, advertising this conference that you're organising. It contains instructions on how it unsubscribe (not that I was aware that I had subscibed to receiving adverts), but received this response:

Your message: unsubscribe
was not delivered to: eckel-oo-programming-newsletter-unsubscribe@googlegroups.com
because: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 y2si258367eeh.2

I'd be grateful if you could sort it out, please.

Flat View: This topic has 1 reply on 1 page
Topic: Java is Object-Oriented COBOL Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Introducing the ScalaTest Shell: a DSL for the Scala Interpreter

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use