The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Articles Forum
Creating Printable Documents with Ruby

23 replies on 2 pages. Most recent reply: Dec 1, 2008 4:33 AM by Gustavo Delfino

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 23 replies on 2 pages [ « | 1 2 ]
Rudy Soetewey

Nickname: rudisoe

Re: Creating Printable Documents with Ruby Posted: Apr 16, 2007 4:16 AM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
I have this strange newbie problem with pdf::Writer in Ruby on rails. (MacOSX, MAMP, Locomotive, TExtmate)

I took the first example out of the article, and it does actually saves the file, but... NOT to the desktop, but to the railsrootdirectory. Whatever I try, I can't get it to download it to the desktop, and I cannot find an explanation how to get the files there. Without it, the whole idea of pdf::writer seems a bit lost to me.
Could someone help me out here?
Many thanks inb advance.
Rudi

wai wai

Nickname: kevinwai

Re: Creating Printable Documents with Ruby Posted: Apr 24, 2007 10:22 PM
Hi,

I am new to ruby and right now I am trying to do an export of a HTML table to a pdf file.

Firstly, I have a dynamic data in the table whereby user needs to select different drop down lists and send the values to the back end to query the database and display the result. I am using ajax to do this.

However, I still don't know how to create a pdf file of a HTML table.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

franz strebel

Nickname: practor

Re: Creating Printable Documents with Ruby Posted: Jun 28, 2007 1:40 AM
I'm trying to do the Marshal dumping and loading. Everything works fine from my Rails console but I get the error message "dump format error" via the web browser. Any ideas why?

Thanks in advance,
Franz

franz strebel

Nickname: practor

Re: Creating Printable Documents with Ruby Posted: Jun 28, 2007 3:05 AM
For some reason I haven't figured out yet, the dump formats differ when dumping from the console and from within my rails app. I did the dump from my rails app and used that as my template and now all is working as it should.

Thanks for making such a useful PDF tool for ruby.

Kind regards,
Franz

bbb aaa

Nickname: railspdf

Re: Creating Printable Documents with Ruby Posted: Jul 11, 2007 7:58 AM
hi everyone,
I used the pdf ::writter , it's very good . but I want to create the pdf page basing on the rhtml page that what's I don't know how because I don't want to recreate the queries and all the tests that I used to get the .rhtml page. what I want really is that I can from my page.rhtml and with cliking on the link pdf ,generate a pdf pge that contain the same information as the.rhtml
can u help
thanks

ricardo ferreira

Nickname: ricardo85x

Re: Creating Printable Documents with Ruby Posted: Jun 2, 2008 9:40 AM
Hi

I want to create a TAG for changing the text color like that:

pdf.text("name: <c:color text='Green'> Robert </c:alink> ")

but it is so hard to make.

Some one know to do that or know if there is a way to change the color of a string like take(with tags)

ricardo ferreira

Nickname: ricardo85x

Re: Creating Printable Documents with Ruby Posted: Jun 2, 2008 9:41 AM
Hi

I want to create a TAG for changing the text color like that:

pdf.text("name: <c:color text='Green'> Robert </c:color> ")

but it is so hard to make.

Some one know to do that or know if there is a way to change the color of a string like take(with tags)

Orthon Reynoso

Nickname: markeb

Re: Creating Printable Documents with Ruby Posted: Aug 22, 2008 9:07 AM
hi

i have a weird PDF generation, i have to make a report and to do it i create various dinamic tables, but when i create the pdf in the first page tables apear normal, on the second apears the heading of column and in the next pages one column per page (the name of the column) after all column names apear the tables go normal and no more column names apear....

can anyone help im cainda new on ruby and this its driving me crazy

thamks

Gustavo Delfino

Nickname: gdelfino

Re: Creating Printable Documents with Ruby Posted: Dec 1, 2008 4:33 AM
I need to open an existing PDF file and add some text to it. Is this possible using PDF::Writer?

Flat View: This topic has 23 replies on 2 pages [ « | 1  2 ]
Topic: Scala: A Scalable Language Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: The Most Important C++ Software...Ever

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use