The Artima Developer Community
Sponsored Link

Articles Forum
Defining "Done" in User Stories

2 replies on 1 page. Most recent reply: Dec 26, 2012 7:09 AM by paul mahoney

Welcome Guest
  Sign In

Go back to the topic listing  Back to Topic List Click to reply to this topic  Reply to this Topic Click to search messages in this forum  Search Forum Click for a threaded view of the topic  Threaded View   
Previous Topic   Next Topic
Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Frank Sommers

Nickname: fsommers

Defining "Done" in User Stories Posted: Jan 6, 2010 5:00 PM
Reply to this message Reply
Advertisement
In this article, I discuss a common mistake with the popular "user story" requirements format: poorly defined done criteria:

http://www.artima.com/articles/defining_done.html

How do you define done when implementing user stories?

Michael Angelastro

Nickname: mangelguy

Re: Defining "Done" in User Stories Posted: Jul 1, 2010 8:45 PM
I agree with your article. A good use case saves a great deal of time and is what good scrums are made of.

I think though that your example is wanting. The only way to ensure that the user is the true controller of the email address is to send him/her an email. In other words, the problem has already been solved. When the problem has already been solved, scrum is very fast and effective as well - no need to re-create the wheel - unless of course it's shaped like a hexagon.

paul mahoney

Nickname: pmahoney

Re: Defining "Done" in User Stories Posted: Dec 26, 2012 7:09 AM
I agree all teams should have a shared definition of done that is used as a template for determining if a story is complete or "Done". IMO the examples listed are more aligned with the concept of what are acceptance criteria. My thoughts of Done would include: testing completed and passed, code review completed, code standards followed and alike, these things should be true for all code related user stories.
Just a thought
Paul

Flat View: This topic has 2 replies on 1 page
Topic: Getting Started with Play 2, Scala, and Squeryl Previous Topic   Next Topic Topic: Enforcing Code Feature Requirements in C++

Sponsored Links

Google
  Web Artima.com   

Copyright © 1996-2019 Artima, Inc. All Rights Reserved. - Privacy Policy - Terms of Use